This is a picture of Lawhead House as it looked in the late 1970`s. It is now in the process of being restored. Forty five years ago it was not in terrible condition but it deteriorated a great deal but thankfully it is being restored to its former glory by the Riddell family.
The majority of this house was restored by John Souter Robertson in the 1850`s; originally the estate went back to the 17th century . It was used as a the residence of teachers working at Tarbrax from 1922- 1937. At this stage it was owned by Lanarkshire County Council. Prior to the Riddells the last owners were the Thomsons.
Any other information would be useful.